Sat, Nov 12|
Oxford Empty Bowls: Community Service
Oxford is preparing to host Empty Bowls, a benefit soup luncheon that celebrates art and service as we raise much-needed funds for the Talawanda Oxford Pantry and Social Services (TOPSS) and other local programs that supply food to local families in need.
Time & Location
Nov 12, 2022, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Oxford, 10 S College Ave, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
About the event
At the luncheon, guests choose from amongst a collection of beautiful handmade and hand-decorated bowls. Their bowls are then filled with their choice of soups made by local cooks. Luncheon guests then keep their bowls to use or display at home and to serve as a reminder that there are always empty bowls in the world. Homemade bread and desserts, and beverages donated by local businesses will also be served.
Cost: $15; children 10 and under eat for free (bowl not included) We hope you will join us for this wonderful event! For more information, please visit us at https://www.oxfordemptybowls.org/ or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/OxfordEmptyBowls/
We invite you to:
- VOLUNTEER to make soup (recipes provided), bread, desserts, or work the day of the event.
- Click here to sign up to Donate- Soup, Bread, and Dessert
- Sign-up to Volunteer here.
- PAINT BOWLS to be donated to the luncheon through a Bowl Painting Party with “You’re Fired!” If your group, club, church, office or organization is looking for an opportunity to provide service to our local community, we hope you'll consider hosting a bowl-painting party for Oxford Empty Bowls! For just $12 per bowl, "You're Fired!" will provide a "party to go" — all supplies will be brought to a location of your choosing! To schedule a party, please contact "You're Fired!" by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 513-523-2734. Parties must be held by October 31 for this year’s luncheon; bowls painted at parties held after October 31 will be donated to our 2023 luncheon!
- ATTEND the luncheon! This year, Oxford Empty Bowls will be held on Saturday, November 12, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Oxford Community Arts Center.